Friday 18 May 2012

Bedroom Wallpaper

Bedroom Wallpaper Biography

American writer, economist, and lecturer, an early theorist of the feminist movement, who wrote over two hundred short stories and some ten novels. Gilman refused to call herself a "feminist"- her goal as a humanist was to campaign for the cause of women's suffrage. Gilman saw that the domestic environment has become an institution which oppresses women. Her famous story, 'The Yellow Wallpaper' (1892), depicted a depressed woman who slowly descends into madness in her room, while her well-meaning husband is often away due to his work at a hospital.
"Personally, I disagree with their ideas.
Personally, I believe that congenial work, with excitement and change, would do me good.
But what to do?
I did write for a while in spite of them; but it does exhaust me a good deal - having to be so sly about it, or else meet with heavy opposition.
I sometime fancy that in my condition, if I had less opposition and more society and stimulus - but John says the very worst thing I can do is to think about my condition, and I confess it always makes me feel bad." (from 'The Yellow Wallpaper')
Charlotte Perkins Gilman was born in Hartford, Connecticut, the daughter of Frederick Beecher Perkins, a librarian and writer, and Mary (Westcott) Perkins. Among her father's forebears was the novelist Harriet Beecher Stowe, his aunt. Perkins abandoned his wife after their infant died in 1866-Mary Perkins lived with her children on the brink of poverty and was often forced to move from relative to relative or to other temporary lodgings.
Bedroom Wallpaper 
Bedroom Wallpaper 
Bedroom Wallpaper 
Bedroom Wallpaper 
Bedroom Wallpaper 
Bedroom Wallpaper 
Bedroom Wallpaper 
Bedroom Wallpaper 
Bedroom Wallpaper 
Bedroom Wallpaper
Great Bedroom Wallpaper Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment